Sunday, February 27, 2011

Here we go!

After much hesitation and delay, I decided to begin a blog. My hope in using this is to communicate part of my life with you and hopefully that you will learn about me, but more importantly about whose I am. I look forward to using this as an avenue to express what has happened or will happen in my life. Thanks for joining me. :)

I actually started this on Friday and now it's Sunday so a lot has happened that I'd love to share with you.

Friday night, I went to a "coffeehouse" at the church I attend. There were two musicians playing while the audience enjoyed coffee, tea, hot chocolate and other treats. The event was free, but donations went to a short term mission trip to Georgia and the musicians also had their CDs on sale. The music was beautiful and I enjoyed being there listening and fellowshipping with people from the church. Side note: I have loved getting to know families, couples, and singles in the church and am so grateful for the body of people I have met and have yet to meet. Attending and serving in this church had been a sweet experience and is definitely a highlight of my college years.

Yesterday, the weather was beautiful and one of my housemates and I went for a walk downtown. It was so refreshing and fun to be with her, outside, and downtown. I love Harrisonburg. Learning more about this city, its people and places, has been a true delight to me.  Anyway, you'll probably hear me speak highly of Harrisonburg often. :)

Today has been full of joy. While getting ready for church, I heard a scream of excitement downstairs (around 8 A.M.). I went down to find out the great news that one of my housemates, Alyssa is engaged!! She and RJ have been dating since freshman year and I love them together. They are a beautiful couple and I've been privileged to see them fall more in love with each other and their Savior through the years. Ahhh!!! I'm SO SO excited for them!

As if that wasn't great enough to start a day, at church some of my friends became members and one was baptized. As Mike was being baptized and as Joe was sharing what baptism represents, I teared up. Baptism is such a beautiful picture of Christ cleansing us through His blood. It was a great reminder to me this morning of the power and beauty of the Gospel. So good.

Life is crazy and right now I am enjoying it. Being here and sharing in this experience with so many people I love has been indescribable. I love college. My hope is that I cherish my moments here, with these people and in these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment