Today has been a good day and I am so grateful. Like a normal Wednesday, I had my math class and got my quiz back. It wasn't a 100% like last week (I doubt that will ever happen again...), but it wasn't terrible. Then I met with Diana and Jessica for d-time and was reminded of the preciousness of God's Word. I was reminded that I do not spend quality time in His Word and that I do not treasure it as much as I want to. We were challenged to memorize a verse or two to help us combat whatever is going on in our lives. As we were skimming through trying to find verses that pertain to our life in this moment, I was struck with how much good stuff is in the Bible! It's full of grace, comfort, truth, peace, wisdom, etc. Oh how I wish I were more disciplined in spending time in His Word. [we'll get back to that later in the day...]
Then I met with my math group. So.much.fun. Our time may not have been the most productive, but it was highly enjoyable. We were just goofy and in great moods. We laughed, sang songs, joked around and it was great. I know I keep saying this to myself or to other people, but I really enjoy them. If for nothing else, I am grateful to be a math major because of getting to know them.
Starting last week, I will be discipling Katie R. and I am really looking forward to our time together. She is so sweet, compassionate, and genuine. I don't know her very well, but I want to. It'll hopefully be a sweet time for both of us. But today, we looked at a passage in Luke about worry. We are commanded to not worry because God knows what we need and will provide when we need it. We don't have to think about what we'll eat or drink or what we'll wear because God will provide. Then we talked about seeking His kingdom first. This has been a key verse for me through the years because I have been challenged by the word "seek." Seeking is an active thing and life doesn't just happen, we need to seek His kingdom. I pray that I am seeking Him above all else. [now coming back to God's Word...] I pray that I seek Him through His Word and truly meditate and soak in learning about who God is and what I can learn from Him.
Bible study was really great too. We talked about who we are and focused on spiritual gifts, talents, and abilities that make us a unique part of the body of Christ. We affirmed one another with what we thought other people were strong in. I love affirming people and being affirmed. That in itself is encouraging and one thing I am grateful for. Something someone said about me was about my presence and that even though I seem quiet and gentle, I seem confident in who I am. I pray that that's true. I know I have had some confidence issues, but I truly pray that my identity is in the LORD and not in myself.
Our soccer game tonight was less challenging than normal which made for a fun night. Plus, a few friends came out to support us which always make playing more fun. I was encouraged by that and by Sarah coming. I really enjoy playing and even more, fellowshipping with my teammates who are incredible, humble, and really good at soccer. :)
Finally, my day ended with IHOP. So.Good. I went with Jill and Sarah and again, I enjoyed them so much. It's refreshing talking and listening to people who aren't in my Christian "bubble". They share their lives with me and I with them and it's good.
I praise God for today because He knew I needed the encouragement and pick-me-up. Not that life had been bad, but it was just OK. I am so grateful for what I have been given and I pray that I glorify Him through it.
No comments:
Post a Comment