Friday, April 1, 2011

hope

Hope is one of my favorite words. I love that there is more than what I can see and experience. I am patiently waiting for my hope to be made complete when I am home with my Father. While waiting, however, I have to be continually reminded that He is my hope now. He promises to provide for me, to heal me, to lead me, etc. Often I forget His promises to me, but He is still faithful even when I am faithless [2 Timothy 2:13] and by His grace, He continues to remind me that He will [fill in the blank]. He is the One who does and is all-knowing and good. Over the years, I have realized more and more how much I love and learn from songs about Jesus and have noticed that in almost every post, I include a song. Below are some lyrics from Revelation Song which I have been blessed by.
Filled with wonder awestruck wonder
At the mention of Your name
Jesus Your name is power, breath and living water
Such a marvelous mystery
 
Oh, You're worthy, mystery
You are worthy
 
Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty
Who was and is and is to come
With all creation I sing praise to the King of kings
You are my everything and I will adore You, I will adore You
Jesus is worthy. Jesus' name is power and that is one truth I easily forget and often do no trust. He has the power to take away any of my sinful thoughts and desires, but when I pray for Him to, do I believe He can? Do I have the faith to trust in His timing and power? In all things, I pray that His will be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment