On Friday, I have a problem set due in my math class. Even though I do not know what's going on in that class and am usually always frustrated or disappointed since I don't understand, I enjoy meeting with my math group. I have been able to get to know these girls better over the past year and they are so fun. When we're struggling with a math problem, laughter always seems to be involved and I love it. They are ridiculously funny and a joy to be around. I'm glad I've been in math and education classes with them and will continue to be next year!
As the days pass by, graduation becomes that much closer. I know it's an inevitable event which will spark many different emotions, but I don't know how ready I can be for it. Recently, I have had to have hard conversations with close friends, but I'm glad for them. I have been learning a lot about forgiveness and how to support my friends in different stages of live. I honestly can't say that I have grasped the concepts and are doing well in them, but I am trying to learn to be a better friend. It's been rough, but at the end of the day, I want my friends to know that I love and care for them. Being hurt by friends is a painful experience, but my hope is that we work through the pain to establish a more solid friendship. Right now, I'm still in the waiting process to see how the LORD is using what happened recently.
Again, in the midst of life, I know that I have a constant in my life who cares deeply for me and my heart. A friend reminded me recently to cry out to the LORD because He cares for me and wants to hear about and heal my heart. Crying out to the LORD is refreshing and beautiful even when I am utterly confused about why I'm going through something. He has a plan to redeem and use my pain for His glory and that is what I want to remember and live for.
I was sure by now, God, that You would have reached down
and wiped our tears away,
stepped in and saved the day.
But once again, I say amen
and it's still raining
as the thunder rolls
I barely hear You whisper through the rain,
"I'm with you"
and as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise
the God who gives and takes away.
And I'll praise you in this storm
and I will lift my hands
for You are who You are
no matter where I am
and every tear I've cried
You hold in your hand
You never left my side
and though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm
I remember when I stumbled in the wind
You heard my cry to You
and raised me up again
my strength is almost gone how can I carry on
if I can't find You
and as the thunder rolls
I barely hear You whisper through the rain
"I'm with you"
and as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise
the God who gives and takes away
I lift my eyes onto the hills
where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth
- Casting Crowns, Praise You in this Storm
No comments:
Post a Comment